How Do I Configure Eudora?
Step 1: Enable POP settings in webmail
Note: If you have already enabled POP settings in the webmail, head down to step 2 here.
Step 2: Configure the email client
Generic settings for all clients
- Go to www.dishmail.net and login.
- If taken to the Start Page, click the Mail link in the banner. If taken to webmail directly, proceed.
- Select Settings at the top left of the screen.
- On the Settings page, select “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” at the top.
- In the “POP Download” section, select the radio button for “Enable POP for all mail”
- Click the dropdown box next to “When messages are accessed with POP” and pick either Keep, Archive, or Delete. These mean that when the email client downloads email:
- Keep keeps the downloaded email in the webmail inbox for later access.
- Archive keeps the downloaded email in webmail, but removes them from the webmail inbox. You can access archived email in webmail by selecting “All Mail” from the left selections.
- Delete removes the downloaded email from webmail. Those emails will not be available in webmail or for downloading from another client.
- Select “Save Changes”
Account Name: your full Dishmail email address (email@example.com)
Email Address: your full Dishmail email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Password: your Dishmail password
Incoming Mail (POP3) Server:
Select option to use SSL
Use port 995
Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server:
Select option to use authentication (for the mail server, not “Secure Password Authentication”)
Select option to use TLS, STARTTLS, or SSL
Use port 587 or port 465 (choose one).
- Launch Eudora. If you have not already set up an email account with it, a New Account Wizard will appear. Click Next.
- Make sure the "Create a brand new account" radio button is selected, then click Next.
- Type the full name you wish to go by. Click Next.
- Make sure to type in your full email address for both your email address AND your username. Click Next.
- For the Incoming Server, type in pop.gmail.com. Make sure the type of server is POP and uncheck the "Test Server" box. Click Next.
- For the Outgoing Server, type in smtp.gmail.com. Make sure Test server is unchecked and allow authentication is checked. Click Next.
- Click Finish to complete the Wizard. However, there are a few more things to complete.
- Go to the Tools Menu and Select Options...
- On the Options screen:
- Click the Checking Mail picture. Make sure the "Secure Sockets when Receiving" reads Required Alternate Port.
- Click the Sending Mail picture. Make sure all checkboxes are checked, your email address is accurate, and the "Secure Sockets when Receiving" reads Required Alternate Port. Click OK.