How Do I Convert Outlook 2003 to Google?
Step 1: Enable POP settings in webmail
Note: If you have already enabled POP settings in the webmail, head down to step 2 here.
Step 2: Convert Outlook 2003 over to Google
- Go to www.dishmail.net and login.
- If taken to the Start Page, click the Mail link in the banner. If taken to webmail directly, proceed.
- Select Settings at the top left of the screen.
- On the Settings page, select “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” at the top.
- In the “POP Download” section, select the radio button for “Enable POP for all mail”
- Click the dropdown box next to “When messages are accessed with POP” and pick either Keep, Archive, or Delete. These mean that when the email client downloads email:
- Keep keeps the downloaded email in the webmail inbox for later access.
- Archive keeps the downloaded email in webmail, but removes them from the webmail inbox. You can access archived email in webmail by selecting “All Mail” from the left selections.
- Delete removes the downloaded email from webmail. Those emails will not be available in webmail or for downloading from another client.
- Select “Save Changes”
- Go to the Tools menu and select Account Settings.
- Click View or change existing e-mail accounts and click Next.
- Select the DISHMail.net account and select Change.
- On this page:
- Make sure the User Name is in email@example.com format (add the @dishmail.net if you need to).
- Make sure that the Password is correct if you have changed it.
- Change the Incoming mail server (POP3) to pop.gmail.com.
- Change the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) to smtp.gmail.com.
- Select More Settings.
- Select the Advanced tab. On this page:
- Under Incoming server (POP3), check the box next to This server requires an encypted connection (SSL). Change the Incoming server (POP3) port to 995 if needed.
- Under Outgoing server (SMTP), check the box next to This server requires an encypted connection (SSL). Change the Outgoing server (SMTP) port to 587 or 465 (choose one) if needed.
- Click OK.
- This returns you to the Internet E-mail Settings page. Click Test Account Settings. You should receive a Congratulations! message.
- Click Next then click Finish.